Monday, March 16, 2009

harder to breathe

Haha. That song title is funny! So, Stephen and I ran the 2009 Gate River Run this weekend. It was actually a lot of fun, even though the weather was so foggy and dreary all morning. The River Run is a 15,000 meter race (9.3 miles) through downtown Jacksonville and over 2 bridges that cross the St. Johns River. It is a major event for our city, and part of what makes it so fun is that we ran with nearly 20,000 of our closest friends. Okay, so we only saw a few people that we knew, but everyone is very friendly and congenial during the race. Seriously! All along the race route are tons of people cheering you on and even some local bands playing you on! It was around mile 4 that we passed a band playing Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5. It's funny because the chorus of the song ends with "Is there anyone out there? 'Cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe." It was very appropriate at that moment! Anyways, we enjoyed ourselves and accomplished our goal of running the whole thing. Stephen ran with me for the first 5 miles, and then sped on ahead (which was fine by me!!!) to finish in about 1 hour and 32 minutes. I came in at 1 hour and 41 minutes, which was no record or anything, but I was glad I ran the whole thing and enjoyed it! Hooray!

Check out the horrible-looking sky behind us! This was before the race, but it looked pretty much the same the whole time. Oh well.



Then, later that afternoon, I went to a bridal shower for a friend from church, Rachael (in the middle). It was a lot of fun and so many people came! Here is our lovely group of ladies from church: Me, Ashley, Erin, Carrie, Julie, and of course Rachael.



Well, this week I have my big Spring music program at school on Thursday, and then a Jacksonville Children's Chorus Concert on Saturday night. It's going to be a busy week but I don't care because after this week is SPRING BREAK!!!

No comments: