Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

(well, almost)

To most, I know it's a tiny bit early for Christmas music, but not according to my dad! AND, my pictures and other goodies I have to post are just too fun and cheery...

So, even though I will be busting out the Christmas music very soon, for now I will just say that November has been the most wonderful time, so far!

Back in the beginning of the month, we we're down in Deland visiting family and Stephen played in a gold tournament with my dad. Fun! (for them) :-)




Then, my school had an assembly where we learned about this place from a mom who had been stationed there as a JAG lawyer. She gave a GREAT presentation about the country, culture, history, and children there. Afterwards, our school participated in a warm clothing and blanket drive for the many orhpaned and neglected children she had told us about! I was very proud of all the clothes our students (led by the fifth graders) collected to send to that place. I believe they have already been transported there and are being distributed just in time for winter!





Stephen and I were invited by some friends to attend a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert at the Jacksonville Arena. It was a lot of fun!




I didn't really know what we were going to see, but it turned out to be equal parts:

-Made for TV Christmas Movie Musical




-Laser Light Show (a la Stone Mountain!)



-Fireworks and Pyrotechnics Mania!



-And Symphonic Rock Concert



Here is a little video I sneaked with my camera! It's a very awesome version of "Flight of the Bumblebee" (Just imagine 2+ hours pretty much like this! I'm glad I don't have epilepsy!)




Then, last weekend we had a Friends Thanksgiving Dinner at our friend Joel's house. We made so much good food- I didn't know we have such talented cooks as friends!



I was proud to pick up the torch for our long-held family tradition of making fried turkey. It turned out pretty good for my first time!



Have you ever seen a real cornucopia? I have.



One of the many businesses based in Jacksonville is Peterbrooke Chocolatiers. This chocolate-coating machine is in the little store near our house... yeah, let's just say the smell alone is AMAZING. 'Tis the season for CHOCOLATE!!!!


I'm sure with all the holiday things coming up, more pictures will be coming! Until then, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: